About the Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH)
WSLH at a Glance |Brief History of the WSLH | Mission Statement
Locations | Employment Opportunities | Contacting Us
WSLH At a Glance
A Brief History
Since 1903, Wisconsin citizens have depended on the Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH) to help maintain the high quality of life in our state. As the state's public health and environmental laboratory, we help:
- maintain the public health of all Wisconsin's citizens;
- safeguard the state's environment;
- educate state residents on public health issues.
State Lab Mission Statement
The State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH) shall develop and provide essential public health laboratory support to communities, agencies and private health providers consistent with the public health goals of the State. This includes:
- Analytical services for the state Department of Natural Resources, the Department of Health and Family Services, local government units, health care practitioners and private citizens;
- Specialized public health procedures and reference testing;
- Training, technical assistance and consultation for private and public health agencies;
- Applied research and University instruction related to the public health and environmental protection mission of the Laboratory.
Through our wide ranging activities, directly or indirectly we touch the life of every Wisconsin citizen.
Where the State Lab is Located
The Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene has three locations in Madison. Our clinical laboratories, proficiency testing and administrative offices are located on the University of Wisconsin campus at 465 Henry Mall. Our environmental and occupational health facility is located at 2601 Agriculture Drive. Our information technology and labor statistics departments are located at 2810 Walton Commons, across from the Ag Drive facility. For more information, including maps, click here.
Employment Opportunities at the State Lab
The Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene offers a variety of exciting technical and non-technical positions in a dynamic environment combined with an excellent benefits package. To receive more information on current positions, please click here.
Contacting the State Lab
Please visit our Contact the WSLH page. And, as always, you may e-mail questions or comments to the Webmaster.