Consultation Home | Client Endorsements | Making a Request
Online Resources | SHARP Companies | Alliances and Partnerships | Program Staff
The Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene WisCon Program — a part of the University of Wisconsin–Madison — in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Labor currently offers on-site consultation services to assist Wisconsin employers in meeting the obligations and responsibilities covered under the federal Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- There is No Charge for consultation services to private sector employers. The program is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the State Laboratory of Hygiene.
- The program is voluntary. We respond to requests from the management of small businesses to assist them in providing their workers with a safe and healthy place of employment.
- No penalties or enforcement action. Your only obligation as a requesting employer is a commitment to correct all serious hazards that are identified within a reasonable time schedule. Of course, imminent dangers must be corrected immediately.
- Skilled and Knowledgeable Staff. The program employs a wide range of safety and health professionals with considerable experience working with Wisconsin’s employers. Safety specialists, industrial hygienists, ergonomists, engineers and occupational health nurses work in unison to cover all aspects of workplace health and safety.
An on-site consultation visit can provide assistance to:
- Identify Workplace Hazards
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
- Conduct limited Ergonomic Assessments
- Recommend and assist in developing Controls
- Evaluate and assist in developing & implementing necessary programs
- Evaluate and assist in developing & implementing a Comprehensive Safety and Health Management Program
- Conduct limited Training and Education
- Assist with OSHA non-formal complaint responses
- Assist with developing and assessing controls for OSHA citation abatement
Learn more about the consultation process: Making a Request